Ensembles data archives
The ENSEMBLES data policy describes appropriate use of project data; please read before downloading any data.
There are three archives containing common data:
- GCM simulations for seasonal to decadal timescales at ECMWF
- GCM simulations for centennial timescales for historical hindcasts and future scenarios at MPIMET, http://ensembles.wdc-climate.de (complements the IPCC data archive at https://esg.llnl.gov:8443/index.jsp)
- RCM simulations for hindcasts and future scenarios
Individual partner archives
Additional data is available for some simulations on the following servers:
- CNRM, http://www.cnrm.meteo.fr/ensembles/public/dods.html
- IPSL, http://mc2.ipsl.jussieu.fr/PHP/results_IPCC.php
- NERSC, for data requests please contact Ingo Bethke, ingo.bethke at nersc.no (please remove " at " and replace with @)
Research Theme 4 is undertaking some coordinated experiments which are available at http://www.cgam.nerc.ac.uk/research/ensembles-rt4/coord_exp/index.html
Web tools for processing data
KNMI have developed the Climate Explorer http://climexp.knmi.nl/ which allows anyone to correlate station data, climate indices, observations, reanalysis fields, past seasonal forecasts and climate change experiments.
University of Cantabria have developed a web application tool for statistical downscaling, available at http://www.meteo.unican.es/ensembles. Stream 1 s2d data for Europe is already used by this on-line facility, something not yet available in Climate Explorer.
OPeNDAP (Open-source Project for a Network Data Access Protocol)
netCDF (network Common Data Form)