These pages are to support gender actions in the Ensembles project, specifically to:
- Report annually on actions promoting gender equality which have been
performed at the project level, and on the rates of female participation
at all levels of the project. The Annual Gender Action Plan Report is
also intended to provide a critical assessment of the monitoring statistics
provided by partners, with recommendations for action, where appropriate.
The first annual report indicates that the gender balance of the ENSEMBLES workforce is no better or worse than might be expected, given the current composition of the European scientific community. Clearly this balance is not equal and reflects major and complex structural and social issues.
- Provide practical information on recruitment procedures, networks, good practice, etc. and other gender related activities for the ENSEMBLES partners.
- Provide links to other projects/international organizations related to gender action aspects.
Please send comments and suggestions to Sari Kovats
- Sari Kovats (LSHTM, UK), ex officio member
- Clare Goodess, (UEA, UK)
- Ileana Mares (NIHWM, Romania)
- Description of Work
- Gender Implementation Plan
- GAP Annual Report: Year 1 | Year 2 | Year 3 | Year 4
- Mentoring Programme
- Gender Action update at Ensembles Fifth General Assembly, Santander, 20-23 October 2008
- ADVANCE Summer School 2007 (Module I: 23 July-3 August 2007, Module II: 7-9 September)
- Presentations from Gender Equality Session at 7th EMS/8th ECAM meetings, October 2007:
- Gender Equality Session at EMS Annual Meeting, Amsterdam 29 September-3 October 2008 (Announcement | MS3 Session information)
Women in science
- Earth Science Women Network
- European Commission: Women and Science homepage and Working Document on Gender Equality in Science, 2005
- She Figures 2006: Latest European statistics and indicators
- Infobase Europe: Gender Equality. Up to date information on action programmes, council decisions, etc.
- WiTEC European Association for Women in Science, Engineering and Technology
- ACCENT FP6 project with a gender awareness group
- Compendium of Good Practice in Gender Action Plans
- EU Project - Climate for Change: Gender Equality and Climate Policy
- European Platform of Women Scientists: 'Networking the networks'
- UEA ResNet A contact, support and information network for women working in research at UEA.
- UK Research Briefing: The gender pay gap in UK universities
- Links to National Networks
Climate and Gender sites
- Gena-net to raise awareness of gender equity in environment and sustainability policy and to integrate it into research, to implement gender mainstreaming in environmental policymaking and into the activities of environmental organisations
- ENERGIA: International Network on Gender and Sustainable Energy
- WECF: Women in Europe for a Common Future
- WEDO: Women's Environment and Development Organization
- WMO Reports on activities organized by WMO & Resolutions on Participation of women in meteorology and operational hydrology.
- Tiempo Newswatch